Well, most of you have already heard the news, but its fun to say it again. We're going to have a girl! Trustin and I have both suspected that this one was a girl but its so exciting to know for sure. I confess the ultrasound wasn't the greatest. We got really spoiled with Zeke since my doctor's office had to send me to a fancy high-risk pregnancy ultrasound office (because my insurance didn't cover it in their office). We got two ultrasounds each with about a million pictures each and the second time we got a bunch of amazing 3D images. This time around we only get the one ultrasound and she printed three pictures, one to show that it's a girl and two practically identical ones of her face. Well she's adorable but those front shots never look like anything so much as an alien. But aside from the lack of incredible ultrasound pictures, it was definitely a good day. I'm so excited to have a daughter! July 15th can not come fast enough (or July 8th when I'm really optimist or July 24th when I'm realistic...). This is going to be a long 5 months because I am already aching to hold that little girl!
Trustin and I already went out and bought her 9 outfits/jammies. We just couldn't help ourselves! (and a plug for why I'm proud to be DI junkie: 9 outfits for our little lady plus a pair of shoes for Zeke: only $15, wahoo!) I'm trying to restrain myself from going crazy buying girly things and fabric to start sewing quilts and curtains and anything I can think of.
And as for my little boy, who I know is going to be the best big brother ever, well he's as great as ever! Of course he doesn't really understand what's going on, but he likes to examine my belly to find this baby we keep telling him is there. I wonder what he thinks (oh silly Mommy, that's just a belly button, not a baby).
As always he keeps doing new things that crack us up. Last night he wanted to play ring-around-the-rosies with me and here is how our circle went: Zeke holding Woody's hand on one side and a football on the other and me holding onto the other side of both toys. Then this morning he wanted to color (by the way, Zeke thinks that the printer is synonymous with Toy Story Picture Creating Machine). He held a crayon in Woody's hand and made Woody color the picture. Where did this little Toy Story nut come from?
There were a couple other funny things he started doing this week, but alas I've already forgotten. I guess that's why I'm grateful for when I do blog, because chances are I'll forget about the ring-around-the-rosies and the coloring Woody by next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment