On any given car ride (and by that I mean, every given car ride) Zeke calls out from the backseat "I want listen to 'Punzel songs please!" Then as usual I skip the first sixteen songs on our cd mix and together we belt out things like "though I do like breakin' femurs" at top vocal capacity. Zeke has all the lyrics down pat. And now every other reference to somebody having a dream catches his attention. We read a Martin Luther King Jr. book, "Mommy, he had a dream too! Just like 'Punzel!" Listening to a little Les Miserables, "She had a dream too?" This focus on dreams necessitated a conversation one day about what these type of references to dreams mean and how they are different from sleeping dreams.
Then Zeke was curious, "What is your dream Mommy?"
"My dream was to marry a good man and have some great kids. My dream already came true."
Zeke thinks for a second. "Am I a good man?"
"Well, you are a really great boy and when you grow up you will be a great man too, just like daddy."
"Then you will marry me?"
"Well, no. I am already married to Daddy."
"Ashlynn will marry me?"
"Oh, um, no." How do I explain this? "Ashlynn will marry somebody else."
"Then who I will marry?"
Good question little buddy, but one let's postpone for awhile, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment