Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An Long Expected Blogging

You probably thought I would never post again.  Me too.  Somehow other things always happen instead.  But I do want to keep posting the little things my kids do because that is what I know I will really regret once I can't remember them anymore.  So here's the updates:

ASHLYNN

  • LOVES FOOD!  The first thing out of her mouth when I come to get her out of bed in the morning is almost always "I hungy."  Said phrase is also repeated about twenty times each day, usually followed by "want snacky"
  • She also loves Cosmo the BYU Cougar.  Trustin took the kids up to a BYU basketball game last month and when he told the kids Ashlynn immediately piped "Wan see Cosmo!"  And her favorite, favorite shirt is her cosmo shirt.  It is pretty much the only item of clothing I can suggest and know she won't fight me on it.
  • Which leads into the fact that this lady is is quite insistent on picking her own clothes.  I hold her up in the closet and she rejects every single shirt approximately three times before finally picking one.  
  • She loves her baby doll and her Spidey stuffed animal (Spiderman) and has turned into such a cute little mini mama.  She gives her baby big slobbery kisses and then holds her up and says "Baby soggy!" and wipes her off with a bib.
  • She has the worlds most adorable way of shouting "I lo' you!" whenever Trustin or I are leaving.
  • She has taken to running very fast.  Well. Her legs move extremely fast, but not so much forward.  Her legs just go wild in every direction and her whole body swings all over.  This typically ends in a crash.
  • She loves to look for "airpane-copters"
  • Her favorite song is "I am a Child of God," proof that nursery has grown in popularity for her, since I never used to sing that one but now am required to sing it every nap and bedtime ("Sing "of God"

yum

We finally said good-bye to the binkie.  It was getting out of hand...




Here she is riding a horse...dustbroom

Sideways, crazy hair babe

Cutesy-bootsie!


ZEKE

  • Zeke is still holding on to his love of all things superhero related.  He invents several new superheroes every day.  A few of my favorites are:
    • Black Man (Perhaps not so politically correct...) -- He can turn anything black
    • Worm Man -- This one was invented while helping me in the garden.  Worm Man can make worms, He is tall and has super long hair.
    • Bowl Man-- He makes bowls
    • Snow Man -- He makes snow on the ground, and snowballs, and ice, and he can turn invisible, and he can fly, and he can shoot lasers, and he can... (this one just kept getting better and better)
  • With the superhero craze has come a love of wrestling and fake fighting.  Well, pretty fake.
  • Also with the superhero craze there is one word he uses a lot more than your average three year old.  IMPOSTER.  Imposters frequent our games, A LOT.
  • Our Family Home Evenings also often must reference superheroes.  Zeke and Ash always request the same two songs.  First we sing the superhero song Zeke made up (the Na na na na na na na na na Batman song, but we add any other superheros for additional verses, and we often add Yoda and Darth Vadar as well).  Then we sing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam and the kids love it when we throw them into the air everytime we say "beam"
  • Zeke wrote and gave his first talk in Primary two weeks ago.  He did so well.  I was so impressed.    He of course wanted to talk about superheroes so he told everybody that the heroes in books and movies aren't real but Jesus is real and the greatest superhero. Then he really wanted to tell his class that Moses turned his staff into a snake.  So we added that in as well.  
  • While he is still disappointed that he doesn't get snacks every week in primary, he really loves his primary teacher and talks about her and the things he learns all the time.  He was teaching Ashlynn how to do something and Trustin said "good job teaching her" and Zeke declared "Hey, I just reminded myself of my teacher, because she teaches me!"


Always silly
Wrestling with Dad


Overall we are doing fabulously.  I finished my classes back in November but officially wore my cap and gown last weekend and it feels good.  We are loving our house and our neighborhood.  Our other big news (that most of you already know) is that we are training to become foster parents.  We are excited for more adventures.
Our neighbors have chickens.  So the kids are at the fence every day.  Ash says "want chickens hi" and that means she wants to go say 'hi' to the chickens

Indoor "ice-skating"









No comments:

Post a Comment