Well, if last month I thought that I was initiated to motherhood, this month I think I am being initiated to adulthood. Woo-ee, being grown up is a lot of work! Everyday we have at least two major jobs for Trustin to do when he gets home and I'm a full time cleaner/organizer/unpacker/mother/cooker/want-to-be-asleeper, etc. For the most part its been exciting and fun. I can say this because I leave the worst stuff for Trustin. He is so amazing. He handles all the nasty tasks like toilet installations, black widow assassinations (3 so far!) and over all pest control (so far only one bug has been discovered inside, Trustin is winning this battle!).
Then last night the disposal decided to break, or Zeke decided to break it. I'm not quite sure, but he was suspiciously under that cupboard earlier in the day and caused a leak in the double osmosis filter, so perhaps he was even more "productive" under there than I realized at the time. Either way the result was wet. I was so proud of myself for tacking a mountain of dishes and scrubbing the counters only to look down and see that result of my dish washing is a giant greyish puddle steadily easing out from the cupboard under the sink. And naturally yesterday was also the day that I finally started mopping the floor. I say started because after almost 4 hours I was only done with about a third of it (and even more depressing, mopping doesn't erase ugly which is about the only word to describe our tile). So the giant puddle was right in the area that had been mopped, of course. So fix the disposal has been added to our long list of to-do's. Oh how I miss the days of the free maintanance man! We are our own maintanance men now, and we are being fully initiated yet again.
And ironically, today I am acting as a mother to triplets. Well, not quite. For a little over two days I am babysitting our friends little twins who are about Zeke's age. So with the three of them together I have officially decided to not even try to be productive today. I'm kind of liking that. Amazingly all three of them are asleep right now and while the floor is begging to be mopped I'm begging to be plopped on the sofa, or atleast on the computer chair and not acting like a homeowner.
Now, let it be known that despite our homes escessive demands on our time, we are loving this place and loving being here together. I guesss the moments when we sit around contentedly just don't make very interesting blogs (and well, the sitting around may be on hold even if the contentment is not). I am grateful for craziness because it is great for laughs. I'll tell you a lot more about our new home soon, or at least as soon as I can clean it up enough to take pictures.
In the meantime, here is the last month of adventures:
Pretty much every day before we moved out of our apartment Zeke and I would go to the same area of the secluded area of the complex to play. Zeke loved it and he was always such a silly loon.
He loved sitting at the picnic tables and making me through the ball to him and then he would intentionally drop it and start laughing.
He also loved trying to throw balls into the basketball hoop. I just loved seeing how tiny he is next to the basketball standard. Yay, he's still my little baby!
For a family date night we went out the Bellagio gardens and fountains. I thought Zeke would love the fountains but he was kind of ambivelent. I guess to him it was just like a splash park, except he wasn't allowed in the water. Where's the fun in that?
We went to stay with our friends the Coxes after our apartment contract ended. We had a lot of fun and it was so nice of them to let us stay. One day Zeke and I played out in the rainstorm and he was loving it. Unfortunately I spotted a neighbor walking around naked in his living room and decided it was time to go inside. (True story, aparently this neighbor is commonly naked...and he's the president of the HOA, weird). Zeke, unaware of why the fun had to end ran to the door and just cried to go back out. Sad, but so cute. He's definately his parents little boy. We love rainstorms (and yet we move to Las Vegas...I guess we'll invest in sprinklers).

At Zeke's buddy's birthday party Zeke decided that the splash pad was too fun to resist. So again fully clothed he insisted on running through the water and playing. Trustin got some pretty cute pictures of our soggy cute kiddo.

Zeke playing with his Daddy.
Zeke and Casen (he is the son of the family we stayed with) like to run full speed at each other and then crash and tumble. It eventually ended in tears but it was hilarious.
Well that's about all I have time for today. One baby just woke up, which then meant that a second baby woke up, and I'm counting down the minutes for baby number three. Off to play!
Oh, and here's a cute video of Zeke at the splash park:


No comments:
Post a Comment