Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A few random ones

This was just a cute one of Syri, Me and Zeke. Zeke would love to just play with Syri all day!


One day about a week ago I heard water running which is always suspicious when only Zeke and I are home. So I walk down to the bathroom expecting to see Zeke standing on the flour bucket washing his hands in the sink. But instead he had chosen as his climbing facilitator his short and not so stable bouncer chair and had somehow managed to climb all the way up and into the sink. He was just sitting under the running water fully clothed and extremely proud of himself. ...then comes the moment that you know I'm a blogger...instead of removing my soggy child or some such action I run for the camera. But when I come back and try to get Zeke to smile for a picture he refuses and is trying desperately to get out of the sink. A-hah moment: Only the hot faucet is turned on and as camera-mom is taking pictures poor little Zeke's legs are slowly cooking! Luckily for Zeke (and may I add, luckily for my guilty conscience) after quickly removing his pants and plopping him back into the sink under the cold faucet Zeke was completely fine. No burns and he went back to smiles and pride in his Zeke-Sink adventure.
The next delimma...how to keep this from happening all the time, especially since my first reaction was laughter and delight at my crazy kid, rather than "no sinks Zeke"

And the day has come: Zeke finally likes movies. Or Movie. I've tried on a couple crazy days to let Zeke watch a bit of a movie so I can get things done and he's never been interested for more than a minute. But a while back he saw a snippet of Toy Story and he found his dream movie. He has a Woody toy and one of his good buddies has the Buzz so he already loved the toys and we think that is why he was suddenly interested in the movie. Whatever the reason, it caught on fast. Tonight Trustin said "Zeke do you want to watch Woody and Buzz" and Zeke's face seriously lit up like it was the greatest thing since they put the pocket in pita. He ran to the t.v. saying what sounded remarkably like "Buzz, Buzz!" So the day has come.





2 comments:

  1. The Zeke-sink story is hysterical! I can't believe he got up there with just his bouncer seat. I think your house is baby-proof no more McKelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. delightful pics and story! What a Zeke he is!!

    ReplyDelete