And last week Trustin found this sweet swing that a neighbor had set on the curb for the garbage truck. Zeke is a fan. He doesn't like to just swing on it though. The word associated with the swing is "big" as in "big push" He wants to swing big wide fast circles and if the ride starts getting too mellow he says urgently "BIG."
These next few photos are from a hike Zeke and I went on today with a bunch of friends from the ward.
Zeke is quite the hiker. He rode in this backpack thing for a lot of the time which was certainly faster but I'm not certain it was entirely safe. It makes him sit so high up my back that I was completely top-heavy, (on top of being "middle heavy"), which made me feel rather un balanced as we walked along rock strewn, skinny footpaths lined with pointy rocks, drops offs, and cacti. I was literally praying "Please don't let us fall, please don't let us fall". Prayer answered!
Why am I holding that hat there? Ashlynn is looking pretty cute, and pretty big these days. (Wahoo, only three more months!)
Zeke did do quite a bit of the hike on his own. He was very into it. He didn't want me to lift him over difficult parts but would do them all by himself (with a lot of grunting and sound effects).
You can't totally tell what this picture is but I will tell you. He found this dead tree with the uprooted funky looking roots.
Me "Oh, did you find a tree?"
Zeke "No, ROAR!"
Me "A monster?"
Zeke "Ya, ROAR"
Silly mom thinking that monster was a tree.
OK, this post has officially convinced me that, even if Vegas gets miserably hot too, it is infinitely nicer than Laredo. You guys have hiking trails? And green grass? (Laredo is already brown.) Looks like so much fun! We wish the boys could be there playing with Zeke.
ReplyDeletetesting
ReplyDeletetesting 1-2-3
ReplyDelete