I have loved Ashlynn from the moment she was born. She is such a sweet, happy, loving baby. But now she is getting to the real fun stages. So far, with both my kids, it just gets better and better as it goes. It is crazy how fast six months has gone by, and yet I feel like she has always been mine. Here is a little update on my special Ashlynn.
Ashlynn still loves it when we tease her with her binkie, she is starting to get ticklish in her toes and she loves when Zeke climbs up onto the side of her crib when she wakes up. She loves Zeke and is very patient. Zeke likes to play ring around the rosies with her and dog pile (neither of which is gentle at all, despite my warnings) but she seems to like it.
She is almost always happy and is very free with her smiles. She really makes us work for laughs though. I can get her to laugh when I kiss her and then make a silly face and noise (kind of like an elephant noise), peek-a-boo seems to make her laugh too, and I discovered this week that she loves the swing in the backyard and will grin and laugh when I push her.
She likes to be outside. The other day she was pretty discontent and would cry every time I tried to lay her down inside but when I placed her on a blanket on the grass she was happy. I brough her back inside and she cried so I took her back outside and she was happy again. We've had picnics outside every day this week and she loves feel of the grass and leaves (and loves the taste of both as well). Try as I may I can't keep her on the blanket (and that was even before she was crawling)!
She is a bit of a phenomenon in that I have a hard time getting her to fall asleep in my arms. She likes to get a few snuggles and then I put her in her bed with really snuggy blankets and caress her forehead and then she'll fall asleep. But we do still get some snuggles, thank goodness! I love cuddling her. I love it especially when she is really tired because she will look up at me or Trustin, whoever is holding her, give a big smile and then bury her face into us for a second and then repeat that again and again. She does the same thing when she is nursing and those moments are among my very favorite.
She is not picky at all about food. She has never made a face good or bad about any food. The green beans were as happily accepted as the pears although she hasn't really been excited about any either. She just eats it if it is there and doesn't really care if it isn't. Unless of course the food is grass, which may be her favorite green vegetable.
Yesterday I did her six month photo shoot. She is beautiful inside and out! I love you Ashlynn!
McKelle she is beautiful! Her smiles are so cute, and her little eyes just twinkle with happiness. What a sweet little update. I miss you and I'm so sad things didn't work out to see you over Christmas. I hope your visit with family was great though. Love ya!
ReplyDelete