January has been a fun month to watch Zeke and Ashlynn play together. Ashlynn is getting more and more interactive and always wants to play with Zeke. Our friend was babysitting them last weekend and she said Ashlynn would be playing happily next to Zeke and his buddy and then they would move away and she would look around puzzled for a minute and then burst into tears. The second Kendra put her back by Zeke again she was happy. And that is pretty much how it goes. Zeke hasn't mastered the art of gentleness, and Ashlynn is not to fond of being squashed or pulled about, but the rest of the time: She loves her Zekie.
One of my favorite things about Ashlynn right now is the way she bounces when she is excited. She has always done this a little bit, but lately she does it a lot. When she is happy she just starts pumping her legs up and down whether she is on the ground, in her saucer, or in our arms.
Zeke's biggest update this month is that he reported his first dream. I'm sure he has dreamed before, but this is the first officially remembered dream. I went to get Zeke after his nap and he said "I dreamed! Bolt, Mittens, and Rhino play with me in backyard, but no Penny or Penny's Dad or the green eyed man. And Po sat on a chair."
We went and played in the backyard after that and he told me that Bolt and Mittens were sitting on the big green swing and Rhino was swinging on his lap. After he got off the swing he carefully put Rhino back in his ball before running off to climb his tree. Can I say: I love this kid!
Also, the very next night at probably 1 a.m. we hear over the monitor "mumble, mumble, mumble, Mater" so I believe he was dreaming again.
Here is Zeke demonstrating his couch leaping skills. (Kace, if you read this, does it remind you of our trampoline days? I think he gets his taste for jumping from me :))
speaking of Mater, can you tell what this fabulous creation is?
The creative geniuses.
In other news. I decided this month that I want to write a book. So I am. Crazy. I'm not expecting truly great things, but I caught the bug so I'm going with it. Plus, there is a lot of really horrific literature out there, so maybe my "okay" literature can get published. I always wanted to write a book, so why not? Well, the reason I shouldn't is because I am one class away from finally graduating so I really should be devoting nap time to that...but I can graduate and write a book, and raise two kids all at once. Nothing to it.
Go for it McKelle. What genre are you thinking of? Mystery? We're ready to be your first customer :) Mom & Dad A
ReplyDeleteAlso, the pictures and narrative are great!