Well I'm sure you've all been awaiting a tour, so here it is, our home sweet home!

Well, half of our hedges are dead...but we have three rose bushes and a gardenia, so I think those make up for the dead stuff. I wish I'd gotten a picture one week earlier; the roses were incredible!

Here is our lovely kitchen with our ghetto fridge and to the right a pantry that is bigger than any we've ever had but still can't contain our mass quantities of cereal.

Here is looking at our "breakfast nook" with the patio door and our dining room to the left.

Dining room.

View #1 of our living room and the front door. We can't decide what to do with our coffee table. Sometimes it is really nice to have a table in there, but it is pretty crammed with it in there full time. So for the moment we hide it in the corner.

Another view.

Our "office." It's a disaster...obviously. Also, my friend told me the other day that with such tall ceilings we'll need at least an 8 or 9 foot Christmas tree...she's probably right...for the moment we're settling for a 3 footer on a 6 foot trunk, we're fancy like that!

looking upstairs

Master bedroom (I made the bed after I took the picture...strange order to do things)

Our game/linen closet

looking down the hall towards the three smaller bedrooms

Zeke's room. I didn't take pictures of the other two rooms because they are basically the same as this minus the cute bed and the cuter resident.

Our tree. This is after Trustin did quite a bit of pruning. It originally looked like a giant ugly bush. We plan to prune it some more and eventually hang a swing off the branch that crosses down low. Also, you can see a bit of where we are planting grass. The green is actually only the fertilizer/mulch, but hopefully soon it will be sprouting grass too. We only planted about half of what we hope to have back there eventually.

Viewing the yard from the "patio" (which is currently dirt but with dreams of becoming paved...perhaps by March...it's a big patio)

The yard from another angle. Also, I forgot to take before pictures, but you can see some of the leftover weeds that Zeke and I spent days and days pulling. Zeke was an awesome helper!

love the pictures...especially the last one. mom
ReplyDeleteI wish we had a fireplace in our dining room. But then again, we have grass in our yard, so there!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting to get to see your house! I love the tall ceilings and how spacious everything looks, AND I'm super jealous of your pantry.
ReplyDeletehaha, the pantry's not really much to be jealous of. It is bigger than we've ever had, but we've never had a pantry...so it's rather small. And yes Chip, I'll alot you bragging rights for the grass, just this once.
ReplyDelete