Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Faith as a Little Child

At stake conference this weekend our stake president gave a talk about becoming as a little child.  He naturally focused on the descriptions in the scriptures "meek, submissive, patient, full of love" all of which are excellent.  It was a good talk, but I found my mind wandering to a completely different side of how I need to be more like Zeke.

Zeke has perfect faith in Trustin and I.  An all too common conversation we have is one where we are driving in the car and Zeke requests milk when we didn't bring any milk with us.  I try to patiently explain that we didn't bring any milk but as soon as we get home we will get him some.  Zeke's response "want milk right now!"  There is no amount of logical reasoning that can sway him from this request.

These conversations are sometimes draining for me and I find myself getting frustrated that Zeke doesn't understand that it is literally impossible for me to give him milk when there is no milk to give.  But last night I was thinking about it as faith.  To Zeke, reason does not get in the way of his belief that Trustin and I can meet his needs.  Rationality has nothing to do with it. 

I wish I had that kind of faith, to take the beautiful scripture "For with God nothing shall be impossible"(Luke 1:37) and really act on it.  While I am incapable of making milk appear where there is none, with God that and so much more is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment