It is exciting to see the ways she is just her own little person. She has a new habit we can't help but find a little bit adorable, but we are fighting it too. See above. It makes me smile because she doesn't just suck her thumb, she sucks her thumb and index finger. That seemed like a strange combo to me, so I tried it out and sure enough, it is really a rather awkward position; but Ashlynn likes it.
One of my favorite sounds in the world is the sound of Ashlynn jabbering away when she is happy. Lucky for us, she is a very happy baby. And she has blessed us by being a very sleepy baby too. I feel like she sleeps a ton! And she ALWAYS (or at least very close to it) wakes up with a smile. Those are my favorite smiles. Even if she is completely asleep and we wake her up to put on jammies or go somewhere she just instantly starts smiling at us.
She loves Zeke and is extremely patient with him. Zeke likes to do "dog piles" and Ashlynn usually tries to endure for as long as she can. She loves it when Zeke comes and climbs on the side of the crib to say "good morning" and always gives him big smiles as I hold her down low so Zeke can give her a great big hug.
(Zeke is a bit confused and thinks her first name is Baby. He used to point at the A in his alphabet books and say "A, Ashlynn" but now he says "A, Baby." Pretty cute but I'm trying to stop calling her baby Ashlynn and just call her Ashlynn, because I don't want a little girl named Baby. :D )
Well, I guess that is the update on the smilely little Ashlynn girl that I love so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment