Yesterday afternoon I lay snuggled up next to my little Zeke in my deluded hopes that if I lay there beside him he would go to sleep as he so desperately needed. Despite his droopy eyelids, Zeke had quite a different plan which including multiple assertions of his lack of tiredness, rolling, climbing, wiggling and playing. I let him sleep with his new superhero toys, even though I knew that would just about clinch the not-sleeping plan. As I lay there behind him he had Captain America, Ironman, and Spiderman battle and talk. I tuned out a bit, but then I overheard this little tidbit:
First a superhero said something I was too sleepy and distracted to catch.
Zeke responded with "No! I'm the one who is playing with you. You are the toy. I am the real person."
Ironman didn't act up again.
Very, very cute. A definite quote to remember! :)
ReplyDeleteMom & Dad A